Sunday, December 18, 2005

Home

This'll be my last post for a while. Tomorrow I fly home for a week. I'm so excited. Don't get me wrong, I'm not homesick at all. Still, it's going to be so much fun to relax for a week.

I thought I'd catch you up on some sweet new stuff I've picked up. I was so broke my last paycheck after rent, then Ahrens and I tearing up the town. When I got payed on Tuesday and got my holiday pay for Thanksgiving, I just had to hit up Plan 9. I picked up:
Feist - Let It Die
Flotation Toy Warning - Bluffer's Guide to the Flight Deck

Both are great. Feist is a part of Broken Social Scene and I've heard her new album is great. It is. "Mushaboom" might be one of the best singles of the year. It gets a little too Suzanne Vega at times. Not that that's necessarily a terrible thing. Everybody should own a Suzanne Vega album....so long as it's Nine Objects of Desire.

Flotation Toy Warning is a Wajda suggestion. It's good, but I haven't given it much attention yet. I'll pull it out on the plane tomorrow and pay more mind.

A couple days after those purchases I went back to go on an EP frenzy:
Jimmy Eat World - Stay on My Side Tonight
Robert Pollard - Zoom
White Stripes - Walking With a Ghost

All three were only about $6 and look good in my collection. The Jimmy Eat World and White Stripes are nothing spectacular. The Robert Pollard on the other hand is a great EP.

Off to bed, I go. I'll be back in a week. Happy Holidays!
|