Monday, October 17, 2005

Meow Mix Clock Eats Kids

The best commercial on tv right now is by and far the one for the Meow Mix Clock. If you haven't seen it, then you are missing a real gem.



First of all, just look at the thing and try not to giggle. The funniest part of the clock, however, is that it sings the Meow Mix song every hour. Not twice a day, but every hour. Anybody remember the SNL skit with the crying baby Jesus figurine? Yeah kind of like that. At least they have the marketing knowledge to point out in the commercial that you can turn the sound off.

As funny as the song is, the commercial really goes over the top when they point out how good it would look in your child's bedroom. They show a shot of a child sleeping in a dark room and over the bed is the clock. Somehow, though, the clock seems to take on a different persona once the lights go out because all you see are these glowing red demon eyes looking over the child as he sleeps. Now I may have been a nervous little child, but I think waking in the middle of the night to see those nasty evil eyes staring at you will turn even the most stone cold emotionless child into a bed-wetting, parent-waking machine.



Now I'm a cat lover. I admit that. I spend probably too much time with my cat. However, I think I still have a tad bit too much testosterone for the Meow Mix Clock. If you come to my apartment and see the Meow Mix Clock hanging up, then you know I've given up. It's sweatpants and bar soap for me.
|