Wednesday, March 28, 2007


Okay so my last post was about how awesome my spring and summer will be. However, I at least have to survive March first. This month has been exhausting.

At least it's almost over. I finished up jury duty yesterday. Every chance I had to get called in, I did. I kept getting out of actually sitting on a jury, but they finally got me yesterday. The case was another civil case involving a car accident. Just like two weeks ago, I figured my injury and property claims I put in years ago would get me out. When the question was asked, I proudly raised my hand. Too bad pretty much every other person on the jury did too. I was stuck. Thankfully the case only had one witness and I the verdict was in before noon. Not guilty!!

As the case went on, I actually really got into it. I was hanging on every word and was fascinated. Well at least it kept my mind off of the three hours of sleep I had and my 20 oz. latte I chugged on my drive in was killing my bladder. My mind really flip-flopped back and forth in this case. When I made up my mind for the defense, I was really thinking I would be the only one. Thankfully when we went to deliberate someone asked, "So we're all for the defense right?" Everybody was and we were out of there. Jury duty over. Now I want my $90.

As soon as that was over I went right to work for an hour meeting. Then did a load of laundry. Then met some friends to see The Host (we all very highly suggest it). Then had a quick dinner (and a beer). Then watched Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind (yeah, never got around to seeing it until now). Then was in bed by 11:30pm.....

.....only to get up for work at 3:00am.

Now I had another damn meeting today after work. Then tomorrow I have to change my shift for the day. At least Friday will be normal....

.....then Saturday is the big giant Ukrop's Monument Avenue 10K. And that is going to suck!! This is the second year we've broadcast a show from there. I directed last year's and will again this year. First of all, the 10K is huge. It's the country's fourth largest. Secondly, the broadcast I direct is four hours long, starting at 6am. Last year was chaos. It was a good show, but it was four straight hours of control room madness (screaming, throwing things, etc.). Not fun. This year seems to be a little more organized, but I've been working in live television for ten years. I know this is not ever the case.

I'll be so thankful when it's over, but I'll just be met with three shifts on Sunday spanning from 4:30am to midnight or later. Thank God that once Sunday is over, I will finally be met with two days off with absolutely no responsibilities whatsoever. That will be nice.