Tuesday, February 20, 2007

SuSh 02.20.07 (New Bird)

1.28.07:
I bought a new iPod. Really kick ass one too. One of those killer video ones. 80gb. Little. White. Um...different. Sweet. A nice upgrade from my old Dell Digital Jukebox (20gb). I love that old thing. I saw through the fact that it was a freaking brick to lug around. I mean, I've dropped it so many times and barely scratched it. The problem was that it was completely full. I had been editing what I put on it for quite some time. Well let's start loading some songs.

2.16.07:
I finally finished loading it. And I made this face:

Almost three straight weeks of ripping and loading. Seriously, every single moment of free time I've had since I bought this stinking thing has been devoted to getting this iPod going. I'm exhausted. My disc drive has probably run the equivalent to me running to the west coast and back twice. At least I really re-familiarized myself with my collection.

2.18.07:
Biggest scare ever!! I tried loading a new album I picked up and iTunes decided to not recognize my iPod. Please, these two have been locked at the hip (via USB) for damn near a month! I rebooted the computer and got some weird error message, but went away too fast for me to read. I even had to do that hard reboot of the iPod itself, but still iTunes was being an ass. Little uninstall and reinstall, and presto! No probs.

2.20.07:
Let's pull this wool:
Current track count: 8488
1. Morrissey - "Used to Be a Sweet Boy" (Vauxhall and I)
2. The Streets - "Prangin Out" (The Hardest Way to Make an Easy Living)
3. Neil Young & Crazy Horse - "Prime of Life" (Sleeps With Angels)
4. The Flaming Lips - "Yoshimi Battles the Pink Robots, Pt. 2" (Yoshimi Battles the Pink Robots)
5. Man or Astro-Man? - "Point Blank" (Project Infinity)
6. Freedy Johnston - "Western Sky" (Never Home)
7. Travis - "Somewhere Else" (12 Memories)
8. Jay Farrar - "Clear Day Thunder" (12.4.04 Columbia, Mo.) Dude, I was totally there.
9. The Flaming Lips - "Hit Me Like You Did the First Time" (Hit to Death in the Future Head)
(Almost 8500 songs and I get two by the same band??)
10. Superchunk - "Never Too Young to Smoke" (Cup of Sand)
11. Eels - "Ugly Love" (Blinking Lights and Other Revelations)
|