Monday, January 01, 2007

Ender

I hope everybody had a nice and wild New Year's. I sure did. I didn't get home until 7am this morning and have barely moved an inch since. Just laying watching football and listening to music. By the way, my New Year's song for 2007 was Belle & Sebastian's "For the Price of a Cup of Tea."

Still very slowly putting together my top albums of 2006 list. I keep teasing it, but it'll be my next post. I've also been putting together a nice little mixtape for a friend at work. She watched my cat while I was on vacation, so I'd better make it count.

Here's the list of every 2006 release I bought, the list I'll be picking from:

Arctic Monkeys - Whatever People Say I Am, That's What I'm Not
Band of Horses - Everything All the Time
Belle and Sebastian - The Life Pursuit
Bonnie 'Prince' Billy - The Letting Go
Built to Spill - You in Reverse
Calexico - Garden Ruin
Camera Obscura - Let's Get Out of This Country
Johnny Cash - American V: A Hundred Highways
Cat Power - The Greatest
Danielson - Ships
Decemberists - The Crane Wife
Destroyer - Destroyer's Rubies
Fiery Furnaces - Bitter Tea
Flaming Lips - At War With the Mystics
Golden Smog - Another Fine Day
Half-Handed Cloud - Halos & Lassos
Islands - Return to the Sea
Jenny Lewis with the Watson Twins - Rabbit Fur Coat
Loose Fur - Born Again in the USA
Magnolia Electric Co. - Fading Trails
Mountain Goats - Get Lonely
Joanna Newsom - Ys
Now It's Overhead - Dark Light Daybreak
Robert Pollard - From a Compound Eye
Robert Pollard - Normal Happiness
Portastatic - Be Still Please
Scissor Sisters - Ta-Dah
Streets - The Hardest Way to Make an Easy Living
Strokes - First Impressions of Earth
Viva Voce - Get Yr Blood Sucked Out
Yo La Tengo - I Am Not Afraid of You and I Will Beat Your Ass
Thom Yorke - The Eraser

Once again, no compilations or live albums. There were certainly some great comps this year too (Sufjan Stevens, Tom Waits). I got pretty much everything I wanted to get this year. Really the only two discs that I want but haven't picked up are the new Jason Molina and M. Ward. Eh, I'll get them later.
|