Tuesday, September 26, 2006

Bad Day

Man, did I have a bad day yesterday. Actually I had a pretty rough time over the last week. Work's been really, really sucking lately. Yesterday the plan was to get my car inspected and head to the DMV to get my tags renewed. (Stories that start like that never end well.) Well four hours and $400 later, I got my car inspected. Didn't even make it to the DMV. I've been fighting with myself to head to the DMV today, but haven't picked my ass up yet.

Yesterday when I got home, I didn't want to think about anything because I was so mad. So I turned on the PS2 because I'm currently nerding out on Dirge of Cerberus: Final Fantasy VII. I was getting to this sweet-looking boss battle, when I got up to get something to drink on, tripped over the controller cable, and the PS2 smashed to the ground. From then on, I was getting the dreaded "disc read error." I can fix it, but it just wouldn't work. I worked on that fucker for hours and nothing worked. Actually, when I would get it working, it'd stop once I put it back together. I had to give up eventually to save my sanity for one, but I had to go to work for a couple of hours.....another reason why yesterday sucked.

With all that crap going against me, and me being the ultimate optimist, I had to think of what didn't go wrong:

-Didn't get arrested

-Didn't drop my phone in the toilet

-Got drunk with co-workers and didn't put anything on fire out on my tongue (like last time)

-Didn't see any crickets (I hate those things)

-While I broke my PS2, the game survived intact

-Didn't step on Huxley's tail

All good and well. I finished off the day by listening to R.E.M.'s "Bad Day" over and over again. I love that song.

|