Saturday, November 10, 2007

The End of the Earth

....I did not fall off of it.

I've just been incredibly busy and haven't had much time for fun. I've been working a minimum of nine hours a day..... busy days too. Not a lot of sitting around. I took over a department without much structure recently. Also been training in pretty much every position in the department. It's been pretty tough lately, but I'm getting there.

Anyhoo, personally things are great. I haven't done too much since moving here, but I've been enjoying myself. I love living near the beach. Check this out....

That's a ten minute drive from my apartment. Pretty sweet. Of course, it's been pretty chilly lately, so it's not like I've been in that water. It's pretty cool to look at though.
I picked up Guitar Hero III last weekend. That's been a major thing in my life. I think my hand is now deformed into a claw-shape because of it. I found myself struggling to use a pen on Monday after a weekend full of shredding.
Also saw The Darjeeling Limited two weeks ago. Good stuff. Probably not Wes Anderson's best, but still enjoyable. To me, it lacked some of the humor and emotion of the rest of his films. Artistically, however, it may be his most beautiful film.
Well, that's about it. Just working and relaxing. I picked up a couple of new albums this week, Jens Lekman's Night Falls Over Kortedala and the Fiery Furnaces' Widow City. Both are fabulous. Go get them.
My family is getting into town this afternoon. I'm going to give them a tour of a city I don't know very well. I guess I could show them the nearest Target. That's been my most frequently visited place since I moved here. We'll figure out. Later.
|