Tuesday, October 02, 2007

Moving Again

In case you hadn't heard, last week I accepted a new job as Production Manager in Norfolk, Va. It's a pretty big step.... back into management and a 17 market bump.

Now it's off to the whole moving thing, which I HATE!! The good thing is that Norfolk is only about 90 minutes from here. We spent all weekend apartment hunting. It's considerably more expensive in that part of Virginia, but I'll be making considerably more money so it'll balance out in my favor.

Today it looks like we've found our place. It's a nice place in central Virginia Beach, about 15 minutes from work and 10 minutes from the beach. It's way more expensive than my current place, but within my budget. It got killer reviews, so it should be nice.

Hopefully it'll just be a temporary move. Molly and I are planning on saving up a bunch over the next year then looking at buying a place. Big step, but this is the first time in my life I'll be able to buy something. It'd be pretty stupid to not look at buying. I know squat about buying a house, but I'll have a year to study.

I'm planning on steadily moving over there. I've got three trips on the schedule, so it should be cake to move little-by-little.

Sorry in advance if I'm a little out of touch over the next couple of weeks, but it shouldn't be too bad. My last day of work here is Oct. 17. My first day there is Oct. 22. I'm excited!!
|