Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Getting Closer

A week from today is my last day in Richmond. I'm very excited, but mostly to get it over with. Next Friday is going to be awesome. I'll be all moved in and can just relax for the weekend.

In the meantime, this moving stuff really sucks. This is my third move in a little over two years. However, everything is coming together nicely. Everything is set up and ready to go. All that's left is packing, packing, packing. Friday we are heading over to Virginia Beach to get the new place. We're taking a load over that night, just so it's not all at once. We'll head back over on Monday with another load. I'm just excited to get the place. I still haven't seen it in person, just pictures online. Still it looks pretty badass.

The other thing that sucks about moving is that it is so ridiculously expensive. I just resigned my lease here this summer. Now I have to buy my way out of it. Plus there's the whole security deposit, paying a month's rent at two apartments, renter's insurance, blah, blah, blah. I'm happy I haven't had to dip into my saving account yet, but I'm about as close as it gets.

I've been penny-pinching hardcore this week. I want new music!! I already skipped last week's releases of the new Most Serene Republic and Cake's b-sides collection. I wrote about this week's awesome releases, all of which I've skipped out on so far. I think I may buy one new album this week, you know, as a soundtrack for moving, or something. I know what my first chore will be when I get to Virginia Beach..... find an indie music store.
|