Sunday, July 22, 2007

Late Twenties

Last Tuesday was my 27th birthday. That's officially late twenties, right? Well, it may have been my best birthday..... EVER!!

Well actually I didn't do too much, but it was pretty sweet.

It kinda started Monday. We all went out to a great dinner at the Hill Cafe. (I had the meatloaf.... delicious!!) Then we converged downtown at Sumo San for saki bombs. Late in the evening we met at Baja Bean to finish off the drinking (with plenty of Big Buck Hunter and skiball mixed in).

Tuesday was nice and relaxing and very surprising. Spent most of the day at my co-director's house by the pool. Molly and I exhausted ourselves by jumping on the big trampoline for way too long. The surprises came from the loot I got.

First I got a nice Plan 9 gift certificate from my co-director which I used to get:

Fiery Furnaces - Gallowsbird's Bark
The National - Boxer
Palace Brothers - Days in the Wake

Molly's parents really surprised me with a $50 Amazon.com gift certificate. They really didn't need to get me anything, but it was great. I picked up a ton of great music using my smart shopping skills:

Autumn Defense - s/t
Beck - Midnite Vultures
Broken Social Scene - Feel Good Lost
The Cure - Wish
Serge Gainsbourgh - Histoire de Melody Nelson
Serge Gainsbourgh - L'Homme a la Tete de Chou
Serge Gainsbourgh - Aux Armes et Caetera

That gift was surprise enough, but Molly's gift was a sure stunner. I emailed some suggestions to her earlier in the week, with some gags at the end of the list. Well she got me one of the gags. Imagine my surprise when I unwrapped my gift to find a Playstation 3 staring at me. I thought I was dreaming. Not because of the gift, but trying to figure out how I ended up with the coolest chick on the planet.

Thanks Molly!!
|