Tuesday, March 21, 2006

Formatting

Big scare last night, but I've since recovered. I know I've had some virus and spyware problems on my computer the last couple of months, but I've kept them at bay for the most part. Last night, though, I was cleaning up some stuff on the harddrive when my anti-virus went ballistic. No matter what I did, I couldn't get rid of the infected file.

I finally decided to cut my losses and format the harddrive. Painful decision, but it had to be done. I've spent the last six hours working on getting back to full-speed and I'm mostly there. Okay, that a lie. I did fit in a trip to the record store in there too. Hey it's payday, and it's a release day for a sweet new album. I'll post about that tomorrow, likely.

Man, my computer is running like a dream right now. I love it. I've formatted it one other time, but that was when it was still fairly new (two years ago). It sucks to start all over; but if you're careful about backing things up, it's a huge improvement.

Back to reinstalling shit.
|