Wednesday, December 31, 2008

New Year (Working)

I love New Year's Eve. This year might suck a tad though. Still don't know what exactly is going on tonight, as far as parties go. I do have to work until about 11:30pm. So basically I'll go in for a few hours (third time today), come home and spend midnight drinking champange with Molly, then head right back to the northside looking for a party. Oh well.

I guess since the year ends in less than ten hours, I have bought all of the 2008 albums I'm going to buy. Now I can start working on my best-of lists. Here are the candidates:

Ryan Adams & The Cardinals - Cardinology
American Music Club - The Golden Age
Atlas Sound - Let the Blind Lead Those Who Can See But Cannot Feel
Beck - Modern Guilt
Black Keys - Attack & Release
Bonnie 'Prince' Billy - Lie Down in the Light
Calexico - Carried to Dust
Brendan Canning - Something for All of Us
Cat Power - Jukebox
Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds - Dig, Lazarus, Dig!!!
Coldplay - Viva la Vida or Death and All His Friends
Elvis Costello & The Imposters - Momofuku
The Cure - 4:13 Dream
Death Cab for Cutie - Narrow Stairs
Department of Eagles - In Ear Park
Destroyer - Trouble in Dreams
DeVotchKa - A Mad & Faithful Telling
Flaming Lips - Christmas on Mars [soundtrack]
Fleet Foxes - s/t
Islands - Arm's Way
James - Hey Ma
Jenny Lewis - Acid Tongue
Magnetic Fields - Distortion
Mountain Goats - Heretic Pride
Conor Oberst - s/t
Of Montreal - Skeletal Lamping
Okkervil River - The Stand Ins
R.E.M. - Accelerate
Shearwater - Rook
Sigur Rós - Með Suð í Eyrum Við Spilum Endalaust
Silver Jews - Lookout Mountain, Lookout Sea
Son Ambulance - Someone Else's Déjà Vu
Supergrass - Diamond Hoo Ha
Travis - Ode to J. Smith
The Walkmen - You & Me
Weezer - s/t [The Red Album]
Brian Wilson - That Lucky Old Sun
Wolf Parade - At Mount Zoomer

Normally at this time of year, I have most of my lists done. Not this year though. I'm sure I can put something together fairly quickly, but I just haven't. Plus I went on a little shopping spree and picked up some last-minute albums. I think I bought most everything I wanted this year. The only two albums I still want from this year are Bon Iver's and Deerhunter's. Any other suggestions?

Anyhoo, I hope everybody enjoys their night. Have a good 2009!
|