Saturday, April 18, 2009

Workworkwork

This is my one moment of clarity sandwiched between two very busy weeks at work. This week was hell. Next week will be rough. And I have to go into work at 5:00am tomorrow to fill a shift. I'm very relaxed right now and don't want to think about anything except the Pulp album I'm listening to (and I guess my typing).

This week my co-director was on vacation so I was on double-duty. Of course this was also the week our morning shows were repackaged with many more elements. So basically I had to rethink my rundowns while dealing with twice the workload in half the time. Oh and all at 4:00am too.

Yesterday I had a 12+ hour day spread across the hours of 4:00am and 8:30pm. I directed a show from the Southern Women's Show. It was definitely one of those constant "what-the-hell-am-I-doing-here" life moments. I walked into the Nascar raceway complex (a place I never thought I'd go) to do a broadcast in the middle of a convention for middle-aged women. Man I really felt lame flashing my creds to get into the building. At least the hot firemen contest was cancelled allowing us to get set up sooner. Oh and preventing me from sitting through the hot firemen contest. Eh, the broadcast ended up looking pretty good I guess.

Next week my co-director will be back (thankfully?). But still Monday I have to survive the championship game of the quizbowl show I direct. One more 12+ hour day, then the rest of the week will be normal. I just don't like starting my week working that kind of day. With my weird sleep schedule, I'll be doomed until I can sleep in Saturday.
|