Sunday, August 06, 2006

All Good People

Boy am I in a good mood right now. First, I'm finally getting some rest time. I got a nice little three hour nap today. Less of a nap than is normal on Sundays because I went out for breakfast and mimosas after work. I'm off tomorrow and don't have any plans. I can finally get a do-nothing day for the first time in weeks. Gotta go back in for a half-shift Tuesday, but at least I get one day off.

I also got my apartment yesterday! Nice giant 2BR townhouse in a nice area for a great price. Considering that real estate is unbelievably overpriced in Richmond, I got a steal. It's right next to where I do all my shopping and has easy access to work and highways. I'm moving sometime at the end of the month.

I'm really excited also because I finally found a song I had been hunting down for years. It was one of those songs I always heard in places, but nobody else knew what it was.

A couple of years ago, I was in the car with my old news director on a trip listening to the classic radio when it came on. I asked him what the song was, but he was sleeping.

I would ask my friends that knew their classic music, but since it was hard to describe they just looked at me like I was nuts. I could only say, "You know, it's got this big organ and he sings DO DO DO DO DO DO DO." Nothing. I even called a radio station that played it all the damn time and they had no clue. I wondered if the song even really existed.

Today when I woke from my nap, "Dick" was on Comedy Central. Awesome movie, by the way....seen it several times. Well, towards the end that damn song came on. I went to search out the soundtrack online, but the song wasn't on it. Okay, so I'd watch the credits but they were flying by. Quickly, I grabbed a blank tape and hit record. Guess what. I knew all the songs listed and it wasn't there.



Now I remembered that the song was on old trailers for that Tim Burton movie, "Big Fish." Again, I hunted out the soundtrack. No luck.



Come on, I was getting really frustrated again. How can I not find this stupid song that is obviously well-known? As much as I know about music, why did this seem impossible?

Mad as hell, I was perusing comments about the "Big Fish" soundtrack when I happened across somebody that mentions the song. He was angry that it was in the trailers, but not on the soundtrack......and he knew what the song was:

"I've Seen All Good People" by Yes



Hallelujah!!

I'm sure a bunch of people will just shrug me off with this find. "Yeah, you didn't know that song?" Dammit, this is an accomplishment to me. If you haven't heard it, check it out. Good song.

Excuse me while I put in my bid on eBay for The Yes Album.
|