Monday, July 24, 2006

Newest

Okay, this is a continuation of that last post.

Destroyer - Destroyer's Rubies

This is my birthday album. I always like to buy something new on my birthday to lounge around and listen to. I wanted this one for months, but never got around to getting it for whatever reason. It was well worth the wait. It's a great release. Smokey jazzy sound. Like going to a jazz club on acid.

Golden Smog - Another Fine Day

Pretty disappointed, I must admit. Not a lot of good value on this release. It's not all bad, but really any memorable songs. I miss the old days of this band. That was when there was no real effort, just a bunch of friends writing whatever. It sounds here like everybody is taking their songs way too seriously. Oh well. At least I'll always have Down By the Old Mainstream.

Still holding off on Thom Yorke's solo album. I should really pick it up because I even had a dream about it the other night. Tomorrow's purchase will be Spoon's reissue of Telephono and Solf Effects.

|