Thursday, May 26, 2005

A Few of My Favorite Things, Pt. 1

It's been over a week since I posted last, and I am sorry. Things have been pretty busy for me.

I'll catch everybody up with a few of my favorite things right now.

Weezer "Make Believe"
Nothing great, but who cares? It's Weezer and that's all that matters. Definitely not their best effort. Very lackluster lyrically, but all I care is that I get to hear it. I found myself over-analysing it at first listen. Then I realized that I shouldn't be doing that. Weezer isn't as complicated as some make them out to be. It's just good music and that's all I ever really expect from them.

Maria Taylor "11:11"
Very good, but not the best thing she's ever done. I always say this and will again: Go get Azure Ray's "November!" That's the best way to get into them. If you do not like it, then don't get this album. If you do not like it, there is no hope for you anyways. I'm pretty excited because Orenda Fink (the other half of Azure Ray) will be releasing her so debut later this year.

Star Wars, Episode III
DON'T READ THIS IF YOU HAVEN'T SEEN IT BECAUSE I MAY INCLUDE A COUPLE OF SPOILERS!!
Okay that being said, I loved it!! It was so dark and tragic, just like it should be. The battles were fantastic and the ending really does a great job of filling gaps.

My problems:
The Wookie battle should've been longer.
The Anakin/Obi-Wan duel should've been longer.
The whole damn movie should've been longer.
The Jedi got slaughtered pretty easily and so did Dooku.
Vader's Frankenstein scream was kinda corny.

Other than that, it was amazing. I feel complete now. I've waited my whole life for this and it was worth it.

Okay, that's a few things I'm going nuts on right now, but I have to get back to work. I'll try to finish it off Pt. 2 tonight.
|