Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Molly Loves Daniel

(Molly wanted to write up something for Daniel. He was, afterall, more her cat than mine since he was a gift to her. I'm glad Molly is around because she takes a lot of pictures. Here are a few from her big collection of Daniel pictures.)

On Monday I lost a piece of my heart.

You and your sister turned my life upside down in the best possible way.

My family has had cats my whole life, but you two were my very own. Squirmy and sweet, curious and mischievous.

Sometimes it felt like more mischief than anything else...



I can't remember feeling more love in my life.

When Brock brought home you and Sophie, he carried you upstairs to surprise me. Your face appeared over my shoulder, reflected in the mirror. And I will never forget that moment.

We named you the first night, as you napped next to me on the futon. You slept through the whole movie, but woke up during one scene featuring two people named Daniel. There was no doubt.

You and your sister quickly took over the apartment. I hated leaving you every morning, and I couldn't wait to come home and see you.

I would have done anything for you.

If there was any way I could have known you wouldn't be with us in a year, I wouldn't have changed anything.

You made me laugh, you greeted me when I came home, you kept my toes warm. You were a comfort and a joy. I loved you very much. I hope your life was as happy as possible.

Sophie and Brock and I miss you very much.

I'm sorry you couldn't be with us longer, but you're free now to chase all the birds and eat all the tuna you want.

I'll always remember you, Daniel my love.
-Molly
|