Monday, April 10, 2006

Red Sea

I am exhausted. I'm in the middle of a two-week straight stint at work. It's the beginning of the week and I feel like I'm waiting for my weekend. Plus I've been late two days in a row (shhhh). However today I came home early, got a few great hours of sleep, and got up to watch the Cards game.



There was no way I was going to miss that, what with the new stadium and all. Last week I had a free preview of Comcast's MLB package, but that's gone now. I bought a season's subscription to that MLB.tv thingy so I could watch. The picture was a little dark, but I got to see all the pre-game festivities....meaning I got to hum the Budweiser March while dancing around my apartment. I got to see my favorite player, Willie McGee. I got to see my namesake, Lou Brock. It was cool seeing Bruce Sutter too. My first glove was a Sutter glove!

The game was fantastic. I was making a shake in the kitchen between innings in the third. By the time I got back, Pujols had already gone yard. Dammit. I sat still the rest of the game and saw a gem by Mulder. A two-run homer too? Freaking sweet.

The new stadium looks beautiful. Really at ground level, though, it's hard to spot much of a difference. I kept forgetting what stadium it was until they went to a view of the top of the stadium. I love to death that there are no gimmicks to the new stadium. No flagpoles or hills or crap like that. Just a great city skyline to look at. I'm really, really going to miss the old Busch, but I can't wait to see this park in person.
|