Saturday, April 01, 2006

SuSh 04.01.06 +Some!

Had to put the blog on the backburner this week because it was incredibly busy. We had a big 10K here in Richmond today that required a ton of preparation. This morning I directed a four hour show from the race. It was pretty wild. Five field crews. Chaos. All-in-all, it went pretty well. I'm glad it's over though.

A couple of my favorite things right now:

Phosphorescent
Great damn band. Very Neutral Milk Hotel-esque, what with the horns and distortion (hornstortion?). Great country sound. Excellent stuff. I've been obsessed with it all week. Another Wajda suggestion. Attaboy!

Jason Molina
Okay so I've been a fan of Molina/Songs: Ohia/Magnolia Electric Co. for a while now, but I really got back into him this week. I pulled out Didn't it Rain earlier this week and remembered how great it is. Then I downloaded his solo Pyramid Electric Co. on iTunes. It is unbefuckinglievable. When he wants to be, Molina can be a dark and disturbing writer. Pyramid is probably the best example of this. Go get it. It's only, like, $7 on iTunes.

Okay, stressful week. Really need to unwind. Also really need sleep because of daylight savings tonight. All I need to do is go in and direct the morning show tomorrow, then it's a couple of days off.....then two weeks straight without a day off, but I have vacation right after that so I'm not complaining. Can't wait for Tuesday. If you don't know why, then I guess you're not as cool as me.

I know what I need. Spin me a winner.....



Current track count: 4692

1. Minus 5 - "Daggers Drawn" (Down With Wilco)

2. Modest Mouse - "Lounge (Closing Time)" (The Lonesome Crowded West)

3. Elvis Costello & the Attractions - "Living in Paradise" (This Year's Model)

4. Yo La Tengo - "Decora" (Electr-o-pura)

5. Cursive - "Mothership, Mothership, Do You Read Me?" (Burst & Bloom)

6. Wilco - "Hotel Arizona" (live in Columbia, Mo. 11/4/97)
(I was there. Jeff sounded really drunk.)

7. Johnny Cash - "Last Night I Had the Strangest Dream" (At Madison Square Garden)
(The intro to this song has one of the best lines JRC ever.)

8. Lambchop - "Each Time I Bring it Up it Seems to Bring You Down" (Aw C'mon)
(My jukebox apparently really, really likes Lambchop. They seem to be on every shuffle.)

9. Iron & Wine - "Radio War" (Our Endless Numbered Days)

That's a good place to end. Nice work!!
|