Friday, July 02, 2004

Spent on Rainy Days

It's rainy and I'm kinda bored and was thinking about my Bright Eyes post from yesterday when I mention this awesome site with a ton of Bright Eyes downloads. I figure instead of just the one suggestion, I'd make several for everybody to download. I downloaded all of these songs over a month ago and burned them on a disc. The disc has not left my car sterio since, seriously. Anyways, download these songs:

"Jetsabel Removes the Undesirables" from Fevers and Mirrors (import)
"Soon You Will Be Leaving Your Man" from Blood of the Young
"Motion Sickness" from Blood of the Young
"I Won't Ever Be Happy Again" from Don't Be Frightened of Turning the Page
"Mirrors and Fevers" from Don't Be Frightened of Turning the Page
"I Will Be Grateful For This Day, I Will Be Grateful For Each Day to Come" from I Will Be Grateful For This Day
"When the Curious Girl Realizes She is Under Glass (Again)" from I Will Be Grateful For This Day
"Drunk Kid Catholic" from Drunk Kid Catholic
"I've Been Eating (For You)" from Drunk Kid Catholic
"Hungry For a Holiday" from Album Leaf split
"Bad Blood" from Album Leaf split
"Amy in the White Coat" from There is No Beginning to the Story
"Out on the Weekend (live)" from There is No Beginning to the Story

I think most of the songs available are great, but these are definitely the best. What's great about Bright Eyes is that even a little three song EP sounds as good as a full album. Saddle Creek seems to be great for EPs like that. I'd also suggest Azure Ray's "November." That EP is so intense that I'm exhausted after its twenty minutes. Anyways, download these songs. I'm very curious to hear some feedback. My only other Bright Eyes buddy now lives back in Omaha and I'm starved for Bright Eyes conversation.
|