Saturday, January 02, 2010

Goodbye

Gotta say, I'm not much of a blogger nowadays. Not too much stuff motivating me to write for people right now. I mean, I have a ton of stuff going on in my life. Just not a lot that is too interesting for publication. Of course, if you know me then you know that I am intensely protective of my privacy. When Cory convinced me to start a blog over five years ago, it took a lot for me to actually do it. I'm glad I did because this has been fun.

This just isn't much of a part of my life right now. Also I'm on Facebook, and a lot of what I could do on here I can do there. Just in smaller segments. And with a lot less effort.

This blog very quickly became almost exclusively a music blog after I started it. Music is a huge part of my life, and I know that many people like to hear my opinions on what I'm digging. Of course, I'm always happy to share. So I'll share this: I have become very bored with new music. 2009 was a wonderful year for new music, but keeping up with all of it has become too exhausting. Plus expensive, and I have better stuff to spend my money on right now. Kids right now are way cooler than I am, and I don't want to keep up with new stuff right now. I'm getting too old to be young.

Of all the reasons to not be into new music (too trendy, too expensive, too exhausting, too boring), the biggest concession comes from picking Embryonic as my favorite album of 2009. There is something great about what is older. I have spent the last several years almost exclusively listening to new stuff and forgetting the old stuff. My financial stinginess of late has also helped me reconnect with my collection. Oh and the new Beatles remasters. They are fantastic!! Old stuff, man. Sometimes its better than the new stuff. Actually, especially right now, it's almost always better.

I'm rambling here. What I'm getting at is that I'm shutting the old bird down. Actually, I'm not shutting the blog down. It'll still be here. I just don't have any further plans to update it. Not that I have been lately, but I'm definitely not going to make any effort to keep up with it. If something so compels me, I'll throw it on the blog. Just don't expect much. Maybe someday I'll get inspired again and dust it off, but for right now it's goodbye to blogging.

Goodbye and long live Sunless Suitcase.
|