Thursday, April 21, 2005

R-R-R-Rambling

I am officially on vacation for the next five days! Tomorrow I'm heading down to Columbia to check out the Magnolia Electric Co. at Mojo's with Mike and Jen. Sunday I'll be heading back down to watch my bro's game against Oklahoma and see Iron & Wine at the Blue Note. This is going to be great. I'll post reviews of the shows, for sure.

Now speaking of the Magnolia Electric Co....I ordered their latest over two weeks ago hoping to have and enjoy plenty before tomorrow's show. But noooo! I still haven't seen it. I've emailed Secretly Canadian twice, but haven't heard a word back. Now I'm in a slight quandry because I could just pick up the CD tomorrow at the show, but I don't want to pay for it twice. Errr!

I guess I can kind of mark that album off my shopping list. I always check out this list I compiled a while back. I'm bored so I'll update it:

April 26-Eels "Blinking Lights and Other Revelations"
April 26-Mountain Goats "The Sunset Tree"
May 10-Spoon "Gimme Fiction"
May 10-Weezer "Make Believe"
May 24-Gorillaz "Demon Days"
May 24-Maria Taylor "11:11"
June 7-Coldplay "X&Y"
June 7-White Stripes "Get Behind Me Satan"

Anything I'm missing? I'm still waiting on a release date for the new Flaming Lips. I'll definitely be pre-ordering the new Spoon and Maria Taylor. The new Spoon will have a bonus CD. Saddle Creek is so cool about pre-orders because they always send it out like two weeks early.

EDIT:: I forgot....add this gem to my shopping list!!

Expect an (another) angry post from me about how much I hate Hastings. There are too many good releases coming out for them not to miss one. I'm sure they'll get the Weezer, Coldplay, and White Stripes. They will likely get the new Gorillaz, but I'm a little iffy on that one. This is the place that apparently didn't even notice that Brian Wilson released "Smile" last year. Idiots!!

Hmmmm.....that's all.
|